[mythtv-users] PVR-350 and Live-TV not working

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jan 21 04:22:46 UTC 2010

<deleted everything but the below so I didn't have to fix top-posting,
again>

On 01/20/2010 10:47 PM, Harrison T. wrote:
> This may-or-may-not be a dumb question, but there is no channel 4 here in my
> area on DirecTV, so how would I be able to create this channel to tune to if
> I use the Schedules Direct grabber??  I'd hate to spend several half-hour
> sessions of running mythfilldatabase to get this solved, but I will if
> that's what you say is correct.
>
> Also, I did skim through the page you linked to.  I must have missed that
> section the first time.  Sorry about that.

If you use a different channel number to tune the channels listed at
Schedules Direct, edit the frequency ID after you "Fetch channels from
listings provider."

So, if SD says that your Fox station is on 8723, but you use 4 to tune
it, just use the MythWeb or mythtv-setup channel editor to change the
frequency ID 8723 to 4 (or vice versa).  You can also optionally change
the channel number (as that's user-editable data, too--channel number is
primarily a display thing, but also used to allow you to tune a specific
channel in LiveTV by typing in numbers).

If you get channels that SD doesn't list, you probably have selected the
wrong "provider" stuff for your lineup (IIRC, for satellite, there's one
that includes the local channels and one that doesn't).

Mike