[mythtv-users] PVR-350 and Live-TV not working

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jan 21 04:42:45 UTC 2010

On 01/20/2010 11:33 PM, Harrison T. wrote:
> Thank-You SO MUCH for your help!  That last bit worked like a charm.

Great!

> I just have one more question for you.  I see that you mentioned fixing
> top-posting twice now.  I have no clue what that means,

Sorry, I should have explained it to you on the second time, but I got a
bit lazy.

>  but should I be
> removing something from my email before I send it or something?  I am new to
> mailing lists and still learning MythTV, so I would like to be able to be a
> participating member of this list and contribute without causing anyone any
> problems.  If you have a second to answer this one, I would appreciate it.

Top posting is posting your reply at the top of all the other content in
the message.  Inline posting is what I've done here--posting replies to
specific parts of the previous message inline/interleaved with the
message itself.  Bottom posting would be just posting your entire
response on the bottom of the message to which you're replying.

The list rules basically say:
  a) Post in plain text (or at the very least multipart with a plain
text part)
  b) Trim any not-relevant information from your replies--which always
includes the list signatures from previous posts--but be careful not to
remove too much (leave enough that the message stands on its own with
questions and answers both)
  c) Use inline- or bottom-posting.

More info here: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mailing_List_etiquette and
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mailing_List_etiquette#Bottom_post

Thanks for asking/wanting to follow list norms!

Mike