[mythtv-users] Kill frontend when TV is turned off.

Vitani vitani-mythtv at tfxsoft.com
Thu Jan 21 16:01:49 UTC 2010

2010/1/21 Phil Wild <philwild at gmail.com>

> 2010/1/21 Jan Johansson <j2 at mupp.net>:
> >
> > Since I am away from home, I do not have ready access to my set-up to
> > experiment with this idea.
> > But, it occurred to me that it would be kind of neat to kill mythfrontend
> > when the TV-gets turned off (Because then it would drop to mythwelcome,
> and
> > eventually power down).
> > Now, I suppose that I could let read-edid/parse-edid run every cpl of
> > minutes and act when no information is available. But can someone think
> of
> > any other ways to do this?
> >
> > (LG LCD hooked up via HDMI)
> >
> > --
>
> Am I missing something here or would a simple solution be a learning
> remote that turned both devices off when you press the poweroff
> button?

I'm quite interested in this idea, but as Jan said, not everyone uses the
remote control to turn off the TV (I certainly don't when I'm going up to
bed - I switch the TV off at the wall).

What I believe Jan (and I) want is for MythTV to "detect" that the attached
screen is powered down, and therefore (I would guess) run a script which
would return it to the welcome screen or put the FE into a sleep/hibernation
state.