[mythtv-users] Setting manual HD flag for a channel

David Linville dlinvill at networksdown.com
Thu Jan 21 22:54:33 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Matthew Zimmerman <mzimmerman at gmail.com>wrote:

> I looked into telling SchedulesDirect their feed was wrong, but in the
> opposite manner.  In my area, ABC channel 2 broadcasts an HD feed on
> 2-1 and an SD feed of the same programs on 2-2.  The listings provider
> flags both channel 2-1 and channel 2-2 as being HD programming.
>
> What I'm telling you essentially is that, from my experience, you
> can't do it like you want to.  Myth doesn't mark channels as HD, only
> the programs.
>
> I put a ticket in with SchedulesDirect, and they were very helpful in
> getting back to me and asking me for the xml output of the data I was
> receiving, but ultimately the error was with the provider.  It has not
> yet been fixed, although it's of minor nuisance to me.

Two years ago I had the same issue with an HD channel and SD subchannel.  I
opened a ticket with schedules direct and at that time but Tribune could not
override shows on the sub channel.  In July 2009 Robert at schedules direct
got back to me and said that Tribune was now able to override shows on SD
only channels.  My station had already dropped the SD sub channel by that
point so I didn't get to see if it would work.

I know this doesn't help the original poster but if any schedules direct
users find this thread  know that schedules direct should now be able to
have Tribune fix your source data.

David