[mythtv-users] Kill frontend when TV is turned off.

Iain Buchanan iaindb at netspace.net.au
Fri Jan 22 00:18:11 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-01-21 at 22:09 +0100, Jan Johansson wrote:

> Immediate snag, my monitor (LG 42LC46) does not support EDID/DDC (Both
> get-edid and ddccontrol fails).
>
> BUT; when checking the nVidia control panel, my TV _is_ correctly
> identified.
>
> Can I use some tool to query the nVidia driver for data?

have a look at `nvidia-settings -q all` - you might find something
useful there.  You can then tailor the -q output to show you specifics
rather than the whole lot.

Unfortunately, I see no change in the output when switching my attached
LCD on and off.  (I do however have a built-in USB hub in my LCD, which
I see detach and re-attach.  Wouldn't help you though!)

HTH,

Q: What does the CE in Windows CE stand for?
A: Caveat Emptor.