[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend idle cpu consumption help [OT: SD tvs and scaling]

Ian Clark mrrooster at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 10:12:43 UTC 2010

2010/1/21 Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com>

> On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 2:58 AM, Ian Clark <mrrooster at gmail.com> wrote:
> [snip me]
>
> In which case you weren't using vdpau, which is only supported on 8xxx
> and higher cards.

Weird.

I'd got the wrong end of the stick then, obviously.

All I can say is I had both decode and display options set to VDPAU, and did
get a (rather good) picture, but with the problems described.

I'd love to know what it was falling back to in that case, as OpenGL or XvMC
profiles give different results.

Mind you, this was with some random version from trunk of 0.22 before it was
0.22 when this was all fairly new so anything could've been happening. :)

Curious,

Cheers,

Ian