[mythtv-users] "Free Antenna TV" threat?

Colin McGregor colin.mc151 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 15:31:27 UTC 2010

I am just north of the Canada-USA boarder, so, I admit that some of
the subtleties of US politics sometime escape me... So, could someone
explain to me a commercial that showed up LATE last evening on WGRZ
(Buffalo, NY) claiming that special interest groups were planning to
take away "Free Antenna TV", and the the viewers should contact
congress to stop this. The commercial was produced by the "National
Association of Broadcasters".

I have real trouble seeing any government anywhere in the
industrialized world taking away over the air TV (would annoy too many
people). Further, the "National Association of Broadcasters" must have
some sort of agenda in all this, but at the moment I don't quite see
what it is.

So, could someone explain to this Canadian what is REALLY going on
with this ad.?

Thanks.

Colin McGregor