[mythtv-users] (no subject)

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Fri Jan 22 20:50:55 UTC 2010

On 1/22/2010 2:47 PM, Calvin Dodge wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 1:38 PM,<backuppc at sundquist.imapmail.org>  wrote:
>> On Friday 22 January 2010 Tim wrote:
>>
>>> This is exactly what I mean by the big business' in the US using congress to
>>> gain marketshare instead of innovation.
>>
>> And unfortunately with yesterday's supreme court ruling, this will
>> become very much easier, too.
>

> Yes, it's a very sad day when the 1st Amendment trumps specious
> nonsense about "the appearance of corruption".

A friend's facebook just talked about this and I said the quickest solution that would have the most benefits would be to let the IRS tax the crap out of corps who apparently have billions to spend on this.

I pun'd that it could just be a federal sales tax considering how easily congress can be bought and sold.

  -Ben