[mythtv-users] PCI-E Analog Card

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Fri Jan 22 21:19:01 UTC 2010

On 1/22/2010 3:09 PM, Brent Norris wrote:

> We don't know right now. That is still on our list of stuff to check. It
> is mediacom cable. In that situation though we would probably have to
> deal with encryption. Since we are a school system, right now we get the
> analog cable for free, with no boxes or anything, so we haven't paid a
> lot of attention to what they are pushing down the line in digital.

The reason I ask is because of the fact that they mux a lot of channels onto a single
frequency.

Maybe the more savvy guys here can correct me - but I'm thinking instead of needing 10 analog tuners, if the CATV folks have more than one channel of interest available on a single analog freq, then a single digital tuner can record those multiple streams for you.

First, it's a matter of finding out what digital channels (if any) are available to you.

  -Ben