[mythtv-users] Mythtv/liveTV fades to grey....

Gary Dawes gary.dawes at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 15:55:09 UTC 2010

2010/1/24 plainfaceboy <plainfaceboy at hotmail.com>

> I've changed the setting for updates and this has no effect, and I can't
> see anything else trying to take the focus. Fading to b&w still happening,
> it seems mostly on menus when first starting frontend - once my recordings
> are playing back they are fine, and live TV, once it's got going is also ok.
> If I come out of live TV and then move around different menus, I then
> typically get the fading (and unresponsiveness) again, typically for about
> 30 secs each time. Not a massive problem, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't
> need to happen, and it would be much better if it didn't!
> Anyone any more suggestions please?
>
> It's not summat really simple and daft as power management or screensaver
settings is it? My Ubuntu install on my laptop with mythbuntu packages
installed does the same thing, but I cannot be bothered to sort it, as it is
not an annoyance, and a quick tab on the mouse pad sorts it.

Aggressive power management on the hard disks could also cause the momentary
unresponsiveness as the system waits for them to spin up.

Be worth checking just to rule out.

Gaz