[mythtv-users] Acer Revo 1600 and Hibernation Wake on USB

Larry T larryt at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 15:57:18 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Ian Oliver <lists at foxhill.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <d49862411001250322w79aed2f5l5da3b604d1ff1233 at mail.gmail.com>,
> Larry T wrote:
> > That is what I have been doing.
>
> Yes, sorry about that.
>
> > Unfortunately, the USB devices do not
> > receive power after hibernating so they cannot power on the system. They
> > only keep power during a suspend for me. I wonder if they have a jumper
> or
> > something to provide this capability if I open it up.
>
> With that change, the USB of my Revo R3600 is definitely powered during S4
> as my MCE remote wakes it up. However, the Hauppauge remote doesn't, which
> makes me think that USB2 devices aren't powered.
>
> The USB keyboard that camek with my R3600 will also wake it, as long as the
> echo is done and the BIOS setting is enabled.
>
> Ian

Interesting. I had tried both the USB keyboard/mouse and my Creative IR
receiver. I am not sure I have any USB1.1 input devices to try (or if the
provided keyboard/mouse are USB1.1).  I believe I read the keyboard/mouse
sets in your R3600 are wireless while the R1600 is wired.

I have been doing the echo and I have the BIOS setting enabled. I suspect I
should open it up and check out the USB headers.

Thanks for the information.