[mythtv-users] Blue-abstract update and applying for the competition

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 17:19:03 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 7:20 AM,  <trebor_s at web.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> yes please send me your theme version so I can incorporate the changes
> into mine.
> Any other suggestions are also welcome. I'll also add 120 alphablend to
> all inactive buttons and see how it looks.

In addition to the alphablend changes, I also modify blue-abstract to
make the menus two-column.  The single-column menus without eye-candy
graphics are a waste of screen space, in my opinion.  Moving to
two-column lets me customize mainmenu.xml with lots of extras, such as
shortcuts for every recording group, and I can navigate the screen
with half as many button presses and without scrolling.

Jim