[mythtv-users] Adding channles from scan manually

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 19:20:19 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 01/25/2010 01:55 PM, Greg Oliver wrote:
>> OK, for whatever reason, here in dallas, KTVT is broadcasting on 2
>> frequencies.  ATSC 19 and 26..  Of course, the channel scan picks them
>> both up, and I can insert 1 of them manually as 11_1 (channel 11
>> here)..  Problem is there is no xmlid after this.
>>
>> I have several reply email on how to get my satellite feed to act as
>> the 3rd OTA for me in case they are busy, but I am not sure how to
>> make my manually inserted channel 11_1 match with SchedDir 11_1 for my
>> area?
>>

> I'm assuming by "manually inserted" you mean "retrieved from a
> mythtv-setup channel scan."  If so, that's fine.
>
>> ?
>> Is there anything special I need to do, or is just adding the channel
>> as 11_1 enough?
>>

> Edit the xmltvid for the channel using mythtv-setup or MythWeb or
> mythfrontend channel editor.

Ahhhh...  As Senor Dean has given me the know how to make satellite
overlap work as a third tuner, Kevin made me aware of the "report"
button..  I guess if I ran SD, I would not have the report button, but
rather a detailed list under edit that included the same info.

Thanks though guys!  Exactly what I was looking for...

-Greg