[mythtv-users] Sudden HDHomeRun signal quality degradation on Charter Cable

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 22:18:51 UTC 2010

I'm at work and don't have access to my logs at the moment, but I
wanted to see if anybody else is having similar issues. I'm using an
HDHomeRun to pull QAM tv on Charter Cable in Massachusetts. I haven't
made any changes and all of a sudden two of my channels, FOX HD and (I
think) CBS HD, will no longer give a signal. If I try to tune to fox,
the signal strength will cycle between 0 and 39% and never get a lock.
Interestingly, it won't ever time out, it will just sit there cycling
the signal strength. My other channels work fine.

Up until this point my HDHR had been working without issue for months.
I haven't made any changes to my wiring setup. My two digital STBs
work fine, as does my cable modem. I've tried power cycling my
HDHomeRun but it hasn't helped, and I've even stuck a Radio Shack
amplifier in the mix to see if it would help, which it did not.

Is anybody else having problems? I saw one user on this list that had
a recent issue with Comcast. Should I try anything before I call
Charter, which I don't expect will get me anywhere?