[mythtv-users] Mythtv/liveTV fades to grey....

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 23:49:06 UTC 2010

2010/1/21 plainfaceboy <plainfaceboy at hotmail.com>:
> I've finally set up my UK Mythtv system and after a bit of fiddling have
> generally got things working.
> I've not tested everything fully, but I've got a few niggles with LiveTV.
> Quite often (it seems mainly when it's not been on long) it fades to black
> and white and although the TV continues to play I can't do anything - I'm
> assuming maybe the backend is busy but wouldn't expect it to happen as often
> as it does? Sometimes happens on the menus too, not just liveTV.

I've seen the "fading to B&W" on my netbook running Ubuntu.  Not with
mythtv, but with other apps, and I think it corresponds to my wireless
network dropping out.

I've assumed it's Ubuntu's version of Microsoft's "(Window Not
Responding)" indication.  After a few seconds the windows pops back to
life.

So this might not be a MythTV  problem.