[mythtv-users] Mythtv Backend Windows 7 Media Center upnp client

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 26 21:17:31 UTC 2010

On 1/26/2010 1:37 PM, Robert Longbottom wrote:
> On 26/01/2010 01:08, Calvin Harrigan wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I was wondering if anyone has had any luck playing back recordings or
>> viewing pictures from a mythtv backends upnp server in windows 7 media
>> center? I can play music, but that's about it.
>>
>> I'm running mythtv 0.22 on a gentoo backend. Not really asking for
>> technical assistance, but more along the lines of if there has been
>> any success.
>>
>> Thanks
>
> In Media Center no, I can't even work out where I might try to find
> videos or photos from a UPnP!
>
> In Media Player however, I've somehow managed to add my mythtv upnp box.
> All my recordings (and annoyingly videos) appear under the Video's
> section. However I have a number of problems with it:
>
> 1. all videos are included - I prefer to keep the split of TV and videos
> as it is in Myth, mainly because most of my Videos are "junk" clips from
> years ago! So maybe that's my own fault...
> 2. deleted recordings are included
> 3. there seems to be no way to order things by "recorded date"
> 4. the titles seem to be title + subtitle + description
> 5. everything shows up twice!?
> 6. when I play something back it sometimes gets the wrong audio channel,
> and I can't work out how to change it.
>
> But, it does play! Which is more than it did last time I tried it, and
> seeking works ok by moving the position slider.
>
> I'm also running a 0.22 backend on Gentoo fwiw.

I have since noticed the double entries and also hate the way all videos
are lumped together, I don't know if this is a media player or myth
issue, though I have a recordings folder it's empty, or at least never
gets populated, the little circle thingy just keeps going a like a bunny
rabbit.  I finally did get the pictures to work though. I got maybe one
video to play, seems like it doesn't have the right codecs or something,
but seeing since my recordings are mpeg2 and mpeg2-TS it's hard to
imagine that windows didn't ship with said codecs.  Oh well, too bad,
not gonna waste any more time on it.  I'll just map a drive to mythtv
where all the recordings are aliased.