[mythtv-users] OT: Indoor VHF gain antenna

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Jan 27 04:24:24 UTC 2010

Still futzing with this.

Removing the balun from the dipole actually made it perform worse, for
reasons I'm unable to explain.

Tried trimming down the folded twinlead dipole.  So far this is better
but still not good enough, although I'm going to move it around a bit
more to see if I can find a "sweet spot" for it.  Like nearly all TV
antennas, it also has an infuriating tendency to work much better when
I'm holding onto it than it does after I let go.  Honestly, if someone
ever invents a device that does the same thing to TV antennas that
human body contact does, they'll make a million dollars.