[mythtv-users] Recompiling the kernel to support my tuner

Philip Keymer pk42 at gmx.com
Wed Jan 27 04:21:13 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-01-24 at 09:18 -0500, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> On 01/23/2010 09:58 AM, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> > On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 12:48:46 am Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> >> You may need to install the firmware from apt. From the command line do:
> >>
> >>    sudo apt-get install linux-firmware-nonfree
> >>
> >> Then replug the dongle.
> >

> > Actually I think the apt firmware is out of date. Latest can be got from the
> > cmd line:
> >
> > wget http://www.otit.fi/~crope/v4l-
> > dvb/af9015/af9015_firmware_cutter/firmware_files/4.95.0/dvb-usb-af9015.fw
> >
> > sudo cp dvb-usb-af9015.fw /lib/firmware
>
> Would someone please be kind enough to add this to the wiki regarding
> this tuner?
>
> Geoff

Hi Geoff,

I have got the tuner running on my machine now, so I have updated the
wiki to show the steps I followed.  I now, however, have another tuning
problem which I dont think is related to the tuner as it is present on
my other tuner too.  I will start a new thread on this if I cant find an
answer.

Cheers

Phil

PS: Thanks Lindsay for the help in getting the tuner running :)