[mythtv-users] Air Video - iPhone Media Streamer

Dave Pearson lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Wed Jan 27 18:23:13 UTC 2010

jmk wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-01-23 at 10:26 +0000, Dave Pearson wrote:
>
>> I've recently discovered the Air Video media streaming app for the
>> iPhone. It works with a UPnP Server and an iPhone client (The demo
>> client version is free, but will only show 3 randomly selected videos in
>> each shared folder, and the full client is £1.79, there is no charge for
>> the Air Video server.
>>

> I've been using Air Video for viewing movies for a while. I finally got
> around to playing with it for MythTV content a few days ago. It appears
> to have potential.
>
> I'm running the server on OS X. My MythTV content is mounted on my Linux
> Myth box via the FUSE MythTVfs application and then exported via NFS to
> the OS X host. This gives me a somewhat sane listing of shows in the Air
> Video app. It'd be nice if I could create a directory hierarchy (e.g.
> title\subtitle - date.mpg) within the FUSE mount, but I'm not sure
> that's possible and haven't really looked into it. I'm also seeing
> occasionally heavy CPU usage from MythTVfs. However, overall, it's
> working and usable.
>
> Joe

I'm using an SMB connection to my "RecByDate" Recordings folder - this
folder is a set of subfolders and links created with  the mythrename.pl
script. I have set it up so that each subfolder is the Date of the
recording, with the recordings for that date included with Human
Readable file names.

perl /usr/local/bin/mythrename.pl --link /myth/tv/RecByDate --format
%y-%m-%d/%T%-%S

I run the above command as a cron job once an hour to keep the folder up
to date. When the script runs, it deletes all the existing folders and
links and creates a new set based on the current contects of the
recordings directory.

The only problem I have is that I have about 100 subfolders and the most
recent folder is at the bottom of the list!

I haven't looked at FUSE mythtvfs - I wonder if it can be configured to
give a similar result.

I've found that Air Video actually works better than my ZyXel DMA1000
media streamer connected to the MythTV UPnP server!

I'd still like to be able to run it in wine though.

Regards,
Dave.