[mythtv-users] Does anyone have MythTv running on the iPad yet?

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 19:47:09 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 2:38 PM, Andre Newman <mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk> wrote:

> On 27 Jan 2010, at 18:42, Jerry Rubinow wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 1:39 PM, Andrew Close <aclose at gmail.com> wrote:
>> sorry, couldn't resist...
>>

>> It'll run the iPhone version of Myth on it, just with the pixels doubled.
>
> You beat me to it.
>
> Now I can give up trying to get mythweb to work well enough on my cranky old 200Mhz webpad :-))
>
> Andre

The iPhone version isn't a real frontend, though. The iPad has some
newfangled Apple A4 cpu in it. I don't know if it's x86 or ARM based
or what but I'm sure that will matter when somebody tries to make a
real frontend for the device. I didn't see mention of the GPU yet.

I guess now's a good time to mention the theory that ARM will outsell
ION within 3 years:
http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Desktops-and-Notebooks/ARMBased-Mobile-PCs-to-Outsell-Intel-Systems-in-2013-ABI-753083/

With the Boxee box running ARM, maybe it's time to revisit the
ARM-based MytTV port?