[mythtv-users] Does anyone have MythTv running on the iPad yet?

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 19:54:38 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 1:50 PM, Andrew Close <aclose at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 1:48 PM, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 2:47 PM, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I guess now's a good time to mention the theory that ARM will outsell
>>> ION within 3 years:
>>> http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Desktops-and-Notebooks/ARMBased-Mobile-PCs-to-Outsell-Intel-Systems-in-2013-ABI-753083/
>>>
>>> With the Boxee box running ARM, maybe it's time to revisit the
>>> ARM-based MytTV port?
>>>

>> Oops, meant to say Intel, not ION. Sorry.
>
> Apple purchased PASemiconductor a couple years ago and has a license
> to ARM.  the A4 is ARM based but of Apple & PASemi's design.

http://www.apple.com/ipad/specs/

A4 is a custom designed system on a chip.  no mention of GPU as
someone else mentioned.  but will play H264 720 video:

    *  Support for 1024 x 768 with Dock Connector to VGA adapter; 576p
and 480p with Apple Composite A/V Cable, 576i and 480i with Apple
Composite A/V Cable

    * H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level
3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v,
.mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480
pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to
160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats

--
Andrew Close