[mythtv-users] Does anyone have MythTv running on the iPad yet?

Andre Newman mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Wed Jan 27 20:03:52 UTC 2010

On 27 Jan 2010, at 19:47, Matt Emmott wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 2:38 PM, Andre Newman <mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk> wrote:
>>
>> On 27 Jan 2010, at 18:42, Jerry Rubinow wrote:
>>
>>> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 1:39 PM, Andrew Close <aclose at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> sorry, couldn't resist...
>>>

>>> It'll run the iPhone version of Myth on it, just with the pixels doubled.
>>
>> You beat me to it.
>>
>> Now I can give up trying to get mythweb to work well enough on my cranky old 200Mhz webpad :-))
>>
>> Andre
>
> The iPhone version isn't a real frontend, though. The iPad has some

I understood it was a super fancy remote control app? If so that's far more interesting (to me) than actually running a real Myth.

Might be fun to have a real Myth I guess.

> newfangled Apple A4 cpu in it. I don't know if it's x86 or ARM based
> or what but I'm sure that will matter when somebody tries to make a
> real frontend for the device. I didn't see mention of the GPU yet.

Hopefully the details shouldn't matter, I can't imagine Apple would invert a new API for video and the Mac frontend works nicely with Quartz. I expect I'm massively, stupendously over simplifying but in principle...

> I guess now's a good time to mention the theory that ARM will outsell
> ION within 3 years:

I thought the ARM CPU was already the biggest selling cpu?

Andre