[mythtv-users] Monitor adustment with SMPTE bars/ was: color adjustment

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Thu Jan 28 05:21:11 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 10:06 PM, Bob <mythtv at cox.net> wrote:
> When I connect my mythtv system to my DLP TV I can only adjust "brightness"
> and "contrast" on the TV.  Any other correction will have to come from the
> video card.
>
> Can this be done using nvidia-settings and is it the right approach?

I know I alluded to this before, but what is the *input source*?  Is
this a DVD being fed into an analog capture card?  Or are you playing
a DVD using the MythTV internal player?

The reason I'm asking is because if you are using an external DVD
player and feeding the output to a capture card in your MythTV box,
then the problem may not be your display at all, but rather the
configuration of the capture card (which has it's own v4l2 controls
for brightness/contrast/saturation/hue/etc).

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com