[mythtv-users] How can I fix over scan on nvidia 9500 GT

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Thu Jan 28 20:36:05 UTC 2010

A quick Google shows various reviews that say you should be able to set the TV for zero
overscan, whether that is through "HD Size", "direct pixel", "1:1", "overscan" or some
other name is for you to find out! Have a look through the settings pages or the manual!
I'm sure my Panny is called "Overscan" in the menu.

You shouldn't need to tell the nvidia that it's 16:9, as edid should take care of that
and sent 1080p 16:9 automatically. In my other email, I referred to setting to 16:9
rather than auto, but that is a TV setting I am on about, not on the computer. May be
listed under Aspoect or similar, and will probably have modes such as Auto, 16:9, 14:9,
4:3, plus some zoom ones.
--
Mike Holden

It is amazing what can be found in google if you ask the question correctly.
I found that my TV does have a setting that will stop the overscan.

Here is a clip from http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1174418
The TV's default setting "HD Size" gives a slight overscan, but just go
to Menu-Picture-Arrow Down to Advanced Picture-HD size-and choose size
2. This removes all overscan.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.  It made me ask the right questions in google.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4812 (20100128) __________

http://www.eset.com