[mythtv-users] Error While Running TCREQUANT

Stephen Kitchener stephen at g6dzj.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 28 23:21:33 UTC 2010

Hi,

Apologies it this is an FAQ, but am I correct in thinking that tcrequant is
now missing from mythtranscode ??

I have only just installed 0.22, a couple of weeks, and I was seeing if
mytharchive still worked for me, and I got the error in the subject line.

I realise that 0.23 is due out soon and that this may be addressed in this
coming release, but I thought that I should ask.

I am assuming that tcrequant is a separate executable and should be found from
a "locate" issued from the root user, but nothing was found.

I am using Fedora 12 and atrpms repos and mythtv 0.22

Is there something that I can do to fix this please - or should I wait till
0.23 is released ??

Thanks

Regards

Stephen Kitchener

www.imagebysteve.co.uk

Do not meddle with the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with
mustard

The Difference Between Genius And Stupidity Is That Genius Has It's Limits ~
Albert Einstein