[mythtv-users] 0.22fixes: mkv subtitles in internal player not working?

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Fri Jan 29 20:08:16 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 1:09 PM, German Rodriguez <callmegar at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been using the patches (the last two) in ticket 6748, and they
> work pretty well with embedded subtitles inside MKV files.

What type of subtitles are you referring to. Initially I thought you
meant embedded srt subtitles. However, looking at that ticket it
sounds like they are talking about the PGS subtitles that bluray uses
(which are bitmapped, similar to vobsub subtitles, rather than text
based like srt subtitles).

Assuming you are talking about PGS subitles, I'm wondering how you get
PGS subtitles into an MKV. I've been transcoding my BluRays m2ts files
to more managable file sizes using handbrake and storing in and MKV.
However, handbrake can't seem to deal with PGS based subtitles
(neither embedded in the m2ts file or in an external .sup file) and
the mkvmerge gui only seems to under srt files, so I can't add it that
way either. I'd love to know how to add these.

--
Ron