[mythtv-users] 0.22fixes: mkv subtitles in internal player not working?

German Rodriguez callmegar at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 21:55:57 UTC 2010

Yes those patches support VobSub (sub/idx) embedded subtitles in mkv files.

I'm not a Handbrake user, but you can extract the sub/idx subtitle
from any DVD (can be done by several tools, I don't remember which one
I use, I'm mostly on BluRay now) and mux it back in the matroska
container using mkvmerge or MeGui or any other mkv muxing tool.