[mythtv-users] MythVideo automatic scanning

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sun Jan 31 02:54:57 UTC 2010

On 1/30/2010 21:36, Phill Edwards wrote:
> I have set up a script which generates lots of mplayer playist files
> which contain links to online new videos. The playtlist files live
> under my /videos partition so that MythTV can display the list to me
> and I can watch news videos by firing up mplayer. I don't populate the
> mythtv database with any metadata related to these videos. The script
> runs a few times a day so the list of files changes constantly
> throughout the day.
>
> The MythVideo wiki at
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythvideo#Scanning_for_Videos says "When
> you add new videos to your storage directories, you can trigger a scan
> from any MythVideo view by choosing MENU->Scan For Changes".
>
> In 0.23 I'm finding that I have to do a manual scan each time I go
> into MythVideo in order to get an updated list. I don't remember ever
> having to do that under 0.22. Is there a way of getting MythVideo to
> automaticaly scan and refresh the list each time you fire it up?
>
> Regards,
> Phill

There is no 0.23, and there will be no 0.23 right up until the point
that a release-0-23-fixes branch gets created.  The scanning behavior in
trunk has not significantly changed from that in 0.22, the only
difference being that it will try to properly handle moved or renamed
files through a hash function. You may want to consider migrating your
script into a grabber for MythNetVision, which will periodically scan
for new content.