[mythtv-users] Workarounds for multiple HVR-950Q not tuning

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 22:03:47 UTC 2010

> Hello Andrew,
>
> Well, in this case I actually track both linux-media and mythtv-users,
> so while normally I would direct such a question to linux-media (since
> it clearly looks like a driver issue), in this case I'll just step in
> and offer a response since I'm the maintainer for the driver in
> question.

Works for me :-)

> At this point, I have a couple of sample boards but haven't actually
> tried them both at the same time.  It's on my todo list, although
> right now I've been tied up with other things and haven't worked on
> the 950q recently.  I suspect more debugging needs to be added to the
> driver, so we can see where the race is coming from (and whether the
> issue is with the bridge, demod, or tuner).

Here are some more data points:

- using ota, one antenna with a splitter; not dependent on which
device is connected to which cable
- I tried looking for a pattern by swapping usb ports, antenna cables,
and just trying one device.  All appeared to get failures: only
device (sometimes), second or second device
- I wasn't seeing this on my old b202 eee box; ah, well
- as it is the machine, at 1gb, isn't exactly flush with memory; and a
1.6ghz 230 isn't blindingly fast :-)

let me know what else you need,
Andrew