[mythtv-users] LIRC help needed with IguanaIR and PACE DC50X

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Jul 1 04:20:04 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 7:29 PM, Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I think the syntax is:
>>> sudo lircd -H iguanaIR
>>> I also think you only need to pass the driver for testing. Your
>>> configuration file lists the driver to use and the init.d script
>>> references it.

>> You have LIRC compiled with iguanaIR support. You didn't "install"
>> iguanaIR in LIRC. :)
>
> What does this mean?

Just clarifying terminology. You didn't "install" iguanaIR into LIRC,
you built LIRC with support for iguanaIR devices, as reflected by
lircd saying supported drivers: iguanaIR. I think you're fine here.
Though I do wonder if perhaps you needed to build it with libusb1-dev
packages installed to get it built against the proper libusb. Now that
I think about it, that actually seems fairly likely the root of the
problem here -- you likely couldn't have built a package that would
properly function w/libusb1 w/o having libusb1 headers to build
against. I'd rebuild after you get the appropriate bits installed.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com