[mythtv-users] Save my WAF: HD-PVR IR blaster problems - mythbuntu 64bit - valid lirc_t numbers?

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 05:34:17 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 7:12 PM, Yannick Moussette <
yannick.moussette at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Jarod,
>
> first off, thanks for all your efforts with lirc (along with a slew of
> other people as well)!
>
> Were you able to talk with Christoph for the conversion of the lirc_t
> variable to something 64-bit-compatible?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Yannick.

I had this PRECISE problem myself.  And here's how I fixed it...  You will
need to recompile lirc (which is never fun)...

in the source code for lirc:  change the definition of lirc_t (in
lirc-0.8.6/drivers/lirc.h) to be:
typedef unsigned int lirc_t;
(rather than typedef int lirc_t;)

This forces it to a uint32_t type, essentially.  Then recompile.  Works for
me.

This is something that really needs to be sent to the lirc devs...  Jarod,
you up to it? :)