[mythtv-users] LIRC help needed with IguanaIR and PACE DC50X

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 05:51:37 UTC 2010

I started lircd with:

sudo lircd --driver=iguanaIR --device=/dev/iguanaIR/0
--pidfile=/var/run/lirc/lircd.pid --listen

Didn't seem to work well with irsend. So, I compared what Ben Luey and
others had in their hardware.conf with yours:

> #Chosen IR Transmitter
> TRANSMITTER="My IguanaIR custom config"
> TRANSMITTER_MODULES=""
> TRANSMITTER_DRIVER="iguanaIR"
> TRANSMITTER_DEVICE="/dev/iguanaIR/0"
> TRANSMITTER_SOCKET=""
> TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_CONF="pace/dct50x.conf"
> TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_ARGS=""

This is different than mine, but yours makes more sense. I changed it.

and restarted lircd and sent:

$ irsend send_once DC50X Ente

and the IR transmitter FLASHED!!!!   YEAH!!!!

Don't know if it flashed correctly, but at least it flashed!

> My /etc/lirc/lircd.conf only contains this:
> include "/usr/share/lirc/extras/transmitters/pace/dc50xv2.conf"
> include "/usr/share/lirc/extras/transmitters/motorola/dct2244.conf"

ok, that's a better way

> My dc50xv2.conf file starts like this
> begin remote
>
> # name MotorolaDTA100-PaceDC50X
> name dc50x
> bits 24
> flags XMP
> eps 20
> aeps 300

Mine is different:

# contributed by Mike Silliman
#
# brand: Pace
# supported devices: Pace DC50X (Comcast Digital Transport Adapter)
#
# Protocol: XMP-R
# Device: 62.16

begin remote
name DC50X
flags RAW_CODES
eps 30
aeps 100
gap 80412
begin raw_codes

Why is this one so different from yours? Are your codes different too?