[mythtv-users] MythTV on the 2010 Mac mini update, getting there...

Jurgen Kramer gtmkramer at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 1 20:15:29 UTC 2010

Since last time I reported about trying to get MythTV running on the new
2010 mac mini I've made some progress.

I managed to install Fedora 13 x86_64 on the internal HDD and went from
there.

My current status:

- Ethernet:
OK, needs kernel >= 2.6.34
- SATA:
OK-ish, needs patch/workaround, I made a custom 2.6.34 kernel to make it
work. With the workaround to get the MCP89 SATA controller going it's
not very quick but doable.

- Nvidia video out through HDMI:
OK works, tested with the latest nvidia binary driver.

- Nvidia audio through HDMI:
ALSA from kernel 2.6.34 recognizes 3 HDMI audio outputs but I could not
get sound from any of them :(. Maybe newer alsa drivers are needed but
the ALSA modules no longer compile on Fedora 13...

So it looks promising but I'm not there yet.

Jurgen