[mythtv-users] Easy front-end?

blake dsblakewatson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 05:11:13 UTC 2010

I've been having the Devil's own time with my MythTV setup since I upgraded
from mythbuntu 8.10.

The back-end's been solid. But the front-end (same machine) won't
consistently stick to a video driver. It gives a number of boot-to-low-res
errors, the Nvidia control center says the hardware driver's not in use but
the Ubuntu hardware driver utility says it is. It changes around when it
boots. Lots of weird stuff like that. (I'm using an Abit A-N78HD with the
NVidia GeForce 8200 on board.)

This has all coincided with my being away a whole lot and unable to spend
much time tweaking. I was thinking a simple solution might be to get a very
simple front-end that I could hook up to the network.

Any thoughts?