[mythtv-users] Hmmmm

Jason Ward jasonfward at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 16:16:31 UTC 2010

OK, thanks everyone, yes, I want MythTV to behave like an appliance.

The idea of not updating just seems to contary to what I've learned about
security in recent years, and even contrary to what Ubuntu say themselves
about updates.  Plus I assure you, I've read here more than once, and been
told directly more than once on this mailing list, that if I have a problem
I really need to make sure I'm running the latest release.

But if upgrading the latest release is going to cause me problems, but not
running updates means my system is less secure and won't have any existing
issues cleared, I feel like I'm caught between a rock and a hard place.

Oh well, not anyones fault, just a compromise that I must choose, whilst not
actually really understanding my choice.  But for me, MythTV needs to work
as an appliance, so I guess infrequent, say twice annually updates to
coincide with new releases of Ubuntu is what I need to do.

Jason