[mythtv-users] LIRC help needed with IguanaIR and PACE DC50X

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Jul 2 17:10:28 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 04:21,  <mythtv at derdev.com> wrote:
>>> ====
>>> My next problem is the setting in myth setup. I have a PVR250 and
>>> placed the channel changer script in the appropriate place, set it to
>>> channel 3 and tested it with Live TV.  All I got was a blank screen.
>>> (I have 3 other tuners that work fine and I switched to this one.)
>>>
>>> I see in the WIKI that Myth does not take channel number but freq ID.
>>> Is that still the case (don't know if the wiki is up to date)
>
> Anyone confirm or deny this?

I think that's correct. But for channels coming through a cable box,
unless you've manually changed the channel number the station is
mapped to, they're going to be identical. It definitely needs it to
use freqid though, because if you've reassigned, say, channel 505 to
channel 5 in your frontend, what you need to send to the cable box to
get it to the intended channel is 505... But yeah, on my own setup,
for every channel coming through a cable box, channum == freqid.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com