[mythtv-users] Easy front-end?

Wade Maxfield mythtv at hotblack.co.nz
Sat Jul 3 00:33:13 UTC 2010

On 2/07/10 5:11 PM, blake wrote:
> The back-end's been solid. But the front-end (same machine) won't
> consistently stick to a video driver. It gives a number of boot-to-low-res
> errors, the Nvidia control center says the hardware driver's not in use but
> the Ubuntu hardware driver utility says it is. It changes around when it
> boots. Lots of weird stuff like that. (I'm using an Abit A-N78HD with the
> NVidia GeForce 8200 on board.)

I've just been having lockup issues with Mythbuntu 10.04 the last week
or so, random freezes after a day or even in less than 10 minutes after
booting.  No issues when in recovery mode using low res mode.  I've
eventually got it stable by disabling the nvidia driver, and switching
to nouveau. Maybe you could try that in the mean time while figuring out
what you want to do long term.

  - Wade