[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct - how to create 2 lineups from same source

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 00:48:02 UTC 2010

I have several tuners connected to Comcast (SF South Bay Area).
Because Comcast has encrypted channels below 34,

 One Comcast feed is going to a HDHR. Since it cannot decrypt, it can
only record channels below 34.
 The other feed is coming from a PVR250 connected to a DC50X DTA that
is controlled by an IguanaIR transmitter.

I would like to have 2 SD lineups #1: channels up to 34, #2: all channels.
It appears you can only set up 1 lineup to "Comcast-Digital". How can
I get two lineups from the same source?
I see that there is another lineup available, called "Comcast", but I
assume that's the analog one. Could I use that one? Does it really
matter?

I've read in the archives of using another zipcode that is located
nearby. I've tried that and "Comcast-Digital" is greyed out.

Hmmm.... thinking about this, could one use the same lineup and then
go into the Channel Editor and eliminate the channels the particular
card is using? I don't think that'll work --- wouldn't the edits
actually change the lineup for all cards?
Searching, I found this idea here:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/171469?search_string=how%20to%20create%202%20lineups%20from%20same%20source;#171469
but seems a bit complicated.

brad