[mythtv-users] Lineup question

Larry K lunchtimelarry at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 02:26:46 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 7:49 AM, Harry Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net> wrote:

> On 06/28/2010 06:49 PM, Ben Kamen wrote:
>
>> On 6/28/2010 4:52 PM, Harry Devine wrote:
>>
>>> It seems like Comcast has finally gotten around to blocking most of my
>>> analog stations. So, I'd like to re-schedule them to use my HD-PVR. I
>>> just looked at my SchedulesDirect lineup and I see that the lineup that
>>> the HD-PVR uses doesn't have any of those channels. So, can I just add
>>> in the ones I want/need, then tell Myth to use the HD-PVR as the
>>> preferred input?
>>>

>> I don't think they're "blocking" analog.
>>
>> They've discontinued it. There is no signal to unblock. It's gone.
>>
>> Just thought I'd mention it.
>>
>>  -Ben
>>
>>  Sorry, poor choice of words on my part. :-)  Many of the channels that
> were in the basic 2-99 (just plug in the cable to the TV and you're in
> business) finally got discontinued.  I can still get them via my Comcast
> STB, so I wanted to move my recordings on those channels to use the HD-PVR.
>  That was what I was getting at with my original question.
>
> Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for the clarification.
>
> Harry

Comcast, in the last week, cut off nearly all my unencrypted QAM, leaving my
two HDHRs with only the networks, PBS, and one or two other stray cable
channels.  Talk about disheartening.

I just ordered an HD-PVR for $175 and picked up a $14/month DCX3200 to
overcome this aggravation.  I hope this goes smoothly.

I've been sticking with Comcast for several years because the QAM channel
list was far better than what was available with FiOS.  Now, looks like that
playing field is leveled.  Comcast, you may have forced me to rent a STB for
the time being, but you just made it far easier for me to switch to FiOS.