[mythtv-users] Ongoing sound problems/plugins aren't working after update (25171)

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Sun Jul 4 07:12:04 UTC 2010

Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>

> On Thursday, July 1, 2010, Bob Sully <rcs at malibyte.net> wrote:
>> After doing the update: (1) none of the plugins work.  The database
>> schema
>> update to 1259 appears to have gone OK, mythfilldatabase ran, but I
>
> 1259 is the database version used in trunk. 0.23 is 1254 I think
>
> Looks to me that you mixed trunk with 0.23-fixes packages.
>
> Thats why you're having compatibility issues by the look of things

Jean-Yves -

Yes, you are absolutely right.

My /etc/apt/sources.list.d/avenard.list file had BOTH the "release" and
"testing" lines uncommented - not sure why, last time I updated (from
jaunty to karmic) I made sure I was only using the "release" repo.

Anyway, got this cleaned up, everything's back on 0.23-fixes, and now I
have everything running under 10.04 (using the 256-series nvidia drivers).
 All looks well now.

Thanks again for all your efforts -
Bob