[mythtv-users] User script that takes cutlist & runs project-x?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Jul 4 16:04:19 UTC 2010

On 04/07/10 13:32, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 07/04/2010 08:13 AM, Stephen Hocking wrote:
>> As lossless transcodes with cutlists are still not working in trunk, I
>> was wondering if anyone had put together a little user job script that
>> took the cutlist and used project-x to do the transcode?
>
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8546 . Enable, "Save original files
> after transcoding (globally)," in mythtv-setup and then re-apply the
> patch from http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/25077 and re-test
> transcoding. Just for good measure, you may also want to keep a separate
> (unknown to MythTV) copy of the original pre-transcode recording.
>
> Mike

Or you might like to look at

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythcutprojectx, which does the job for mpeg2
recordings but needs user intervention to select the desired audio
stream.  It works for me in 0.23-fixes under f12, but I don't know what
effect the change in trunk cutlist will have.  And yesterday when I
tried it under CentOS_5 the use of ionice -c3 was apparently not
supported.   See also   http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8347

John P