[mythtv-users] Need help with Hauppauge HRV-1600 IR Blaster and lirc_zilog in Mythbuntu .23/10.04

David Lasker dave at altosdesign.com
Sun Jul 4 16:23:27 UTC 2010

Hi Jarod, thanks for the reply!

It's sorta working now, but I always get a crash of lircd on bootup. I don't
see any errors in dmesg or syslog. There isn't much useful info in
/var/log/lircd, just:

Jul  4 08:55:16 mythtv lircd: lircd(default) ready, using
/var/run/lirc/lircd
Jul  4 08:55:16 mythtv lircd: caught signal

It always seems to recover when I run
/etc/init.d/lirc restart.

Maybe this is a result of adding the "unsigned int" to lirc.h? Or maybe it's
an initialization order problem?

Is there any way I can get additional info (like a backtrace) to help debug
this?

After deleting the transmitter section as you suggested, I now have only a
single lircd socket, but there are still 2 /dev/lircx devices:

crw-rw---- 1 root root 61, 0 2010-07-04 08:55 /dev/lirc0
crw-rw---- 1 root root 61, 1 2010-07-04 08:55 /dev/lirc1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    19 2010-07-04 09:03 /dev/lircd ->
/var/run/lirc/lircd

Is that OK?

Thanks for the help!

Dave