[mythtv-users] viewing problems with long shows on PS3

emarkert at aim.com emarkert at aim.com
Sun Jul 4 16:25:44 UTC 2010

I've been using my PS3 to view recordings on my myth server for a couple of years now, and it works like a champ.

But, I recently noticed that there is a quirky behavior that has been occurring with my recordings of World Cup matches.  These recordings end up being 2 hrs 30 minutes long when I schedule them via schedule direct.  My PS3 shows the correct time when I'm browsing through the recordings, but when I go to play the recording it's cut off at 39 minutes 35 seconds - almost as if there is an upper range on the time.  All of my 1 hour recordings show properly.  I don't have any 2 hour long shows so I don't know at what length does this problem begin to express itself.

The log files show no errors or anything that might indicate an issue.

The version of myth that I'm running is from the Debian multimedia repo

MythTV Version   : 0.23
MythTV Branch    : tags/release-0-23
Network Protocol : 56
Library API      : 0.23.20100429-1
QT Version       : 4.4.3

On my PS3, I'm using the firmware release just prior to Sony's elimination of the install other OS feature - sorry, don't know the exact version.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Thanks