[mythtv-users] Audio on HDMI with Nvidia ION

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 22:31:58 UTC 2010

Hello, I try this config on /home/user/.asoundrc:

pcm.dmixer {
   type dmix
   ipc_key 1024
   ipc_key_add_uid false
   ipc_perm 0660
   slave {
      pcm "hw:0,3"
      rate 48000
      channels 2
      format S32_LE
      period_time 0
      period_size 1024
      buffer_time 0
      buffer_size 4096
   }
}

pcm.!default {
   type plug
   slave.pcm "dmixer"
}

I choose ALSA:hdmi on MythTV setting but there is no sound on the TV,
I just have the video image.

This is my sound config:

# aplay -l
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 0: ALC662 rev1 Analog [ALC662 rev1 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 1: ALC662 rev1 Digital [ALC662 rev1 Digital]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: NVIDIA HDMI [NVIDIA HDMI]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

# aplay -L
null
default:CARD=NVidia
    HDA NVidia, ALC662 rev1 Analog
    Default Audio Device
front:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
    HDA NVidia, ALC662 rev1 Analog
    Front speakers
surround40:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
    HDA NVidia, ALC662 rev1 Analog
surround41:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
    HDA NVidia, ALC662 rev1 Analog
surround50:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
    HDA NVidia, ALC662 rev1 Analog
surround51:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
    HDA NVidia, ALC662 rev1 Analog
surround71:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
    HDA NVidia, ALC662 rev1 Analog
iec958:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
    HDA NVidia, ALC662 rev1 Digital
    IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output
hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
    HDA NVidia, NVIDIA HDMI
    HDMI Audio Output

On XBMC I had this config to get sound on optical, HDMi and analog jack:

pcm.!default {
type plug
slave {
pcm "both"
}
}

pcm.both {
type route
slave {
pcm multi
channels 6
}
ttable.0.0 1.0
ttable.1.1 1.0
ttable.0.2 1.0
ttable.1.3 1.0
ttable.0.4 1.0
ttable.1.5 1.0
}

pcm.multi {
type multi
slaves.a {
pcm "tv"
channels 2
}
slaves.b {
pcm "receiver"
channels 2
}
slaves.c {
pcm "analog"
channels 2
}
bindings.0.slave a
bindings.0.channel 0
bindings.1.slave a
bindings.1.channel 1
bindings.2.slave b
bindings.2.channel 0
bindings.3.slave b
bindings.3.channel 1
bindings.4.slave c
bindings.4.channel 0
bindings.5.slave c
bindings.5.channel 1
}

pcm.tv {
type hw
card 0
device 3
channels 2
}

pcm.receiver {
type hw
card 0
device 1
channels 2
}

pcm.analog {
type hw
card 0
device 0
channels 2
}

But it doesn't works now.

Anyone can help with this?

Thanks and best regards.

2010/7/4 todd horton <thorton9 at earthlink.net>:

>  On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 15:07:45 -0400, you wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 2010-07-02 at 21:41 +0800, Phil Wild wrote:
>>>

>>> These are my settings on my ZOTAC

>>> And then inside mythtv
>>>
>>> AudioOutputDevice: ALSA:hdmi
>>
>>And for speakers configuration in mythtv, have you selected Stereo or
>>5.1?
>>
>>Do you have any passthrough enabled?  DTS either/and/or Dolby Digital?
>>
>>b.
>
> on zotac's you also have to look at the audio setting in the bios.
>
> mine worked set to internal
>
> this is mentioned on the zotac site in the forums but not on the
> company support pages.
>
> Todd

Josu Lazkano