[mythtv-users] viewing problems with long shows on PS3

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Mon Jul 5 08:50:14 UTC 2010

On 5 Jul 2010, at 05:16, emarkert at aim.com wrote:

> [...]

I'm just playing H264 in 1080i with ac3 in mpeg2 transport streams direct from the satellite, no transcode, just myth.

I've always used MediaTomb for Videos rather than MythVideo because MediaTomb is much faster streaming, very noticeable with FF and the PS3 thumbnail search mode.

> Just Myth streaming via UPNP on my PS3 - I'm not copying the recording to the PS3.
>
> The odd thing is that the recording stops at 39:35, it's not like it goes for 1:30:00 and stops.  At first I thought it was a fluke with one of the recordings, but it's all of the world cup match recordings.

I'm going to fire up the PS3 and check this out, apart from checking each new PS3 fw release if they have made the player more robust, they haven't! I haven't used it in anger for playback since the winter, maybe something has snuck in to recent releases of MythTV or the PS3 that limits large file playback!

Andre