[mythtv-users] Hmmmm

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 11:42:59 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 6:42 PM, Greg Lucas-Smith <bwobbones at gmail.com>wrote:

> With regard to your can't delete error, I've had the same thing and it
> turned out that mythbackend was being run as a different user to
> mythfrontend and didn't have permission to delete the files.  I haven't had
> time to fix this yet - I'm currently killing the backend service and
> restarting it as the frontend user which gets me around the issue.  This
> issue only popped up when I upgraded to 10.04.

Since the backend created the files in the first place how can it not have
permission to delete them? I assume that the problem must only be with files
that were created before the upgrade? In which case you should be able to
fix it by simply changing the ownership on the existing files.

> Anyone know how to change the mythbackend runas user on mythbuntu?

Shouldn't be necessary.

Cheers,
Steve