[mythtv-users] Error opening jumpfile

Bert Haverkamp bert at bertenselena.net
Mon Jul 5 18:21:43 UTC 2010

 Hello All,

I'm occationally seeing a strange and annoying problem and wonder if this is
a known bug.
I'm situated in the Netherlands and in Ziggo cable area. All digital
channels work perfectly, except for the channel with the Ziggo channel
overview.
When tuning to that channel I get the "Error opening jump program file"
message. This is not a big problem in itself, but after that, I can't switch
to an other channel anymore.
Live TV has then become unusable

A friend fortunately showed me a workaround. start recording a different
channel (or channels if you have more than one tuner)
After that, the tuner is "unlocked" and you can switch to different channels
in live TV again.

The channel is called "Ziggo TV" and as far as I can see in the database
there is nothing strange in the settings. So probably there is something
unusual in the encoding.
But the anoying part is that you can't zap away from the channel anymore.

Has anyone seen similar behaviour?

Regards,

Bert