[mythtv-users] Where did mythconverg_restore.pl go?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jul 6 13:49:16 UTC 2010

  On 07/06/2010 12:19 AM, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 3:28 PM, Clay wrote:
>> I'm putting together a new master backend to put in place of my existing
>> backend, and upgrading from 0.21 to 0.23.
>> I've installed from JYA's repos and now it's time to restore the database...
>> and I can't find mythconverg_restore.pl.
>> What directory is it in these days?
> /usr/share/mythtv/mythconverg_restore.pl
>
> or if for some reason it is not there the wiki page has a direct link
> to the current version in svn:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore

You're better off with the trunk version linked from the wiki page,
anyway--even for those users on 0.23-fixes whose distros provide
mythconverg_restore.pl, it makes sense to download
mythconverg_restore.pl to your home directory and use it.  There are
changes in the trunk version which make restoring a database much easier
and less likely to break your distro's MySQL permissions configuration.

Therefore, I highly recommend that anyone who's using
mythconverg_restore.pl download the current one as described
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore .

Specifically,
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Replacing_an_existing_database.

Mike