[mythtv-users] What controls the volume level in a recording?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jul 6 14:03:48 UTC 2010

  On 07/05/2010 11:40 PM, Robin Gilks wrote:
>> It's a Hauppauge pvr-150
> Its a long time since I looked (back in the 0.21 days) but it always used
> to be a setting on the backend to set the record volume on a
> pvr150/250/350/500 card.

Yes, analog encoder cards use the specified Recording Profile's volume
settings.  Set them in your (MythTV) Recording Profile, but note that
the defaults don't leave a lot of room at the top, so you probably won't
be able to make a big difference (because the broadcaster picks a volume
and that's what you get with 100%--meaning our volumes only allow you to
decrease the recording volume).

Mike