[mythtv-users] Where did mythconverg_restore.pl go?

Clay ctmythtv at pacbell.net
Tue Jul 6 15:36:22 UTC 2010

Michael T. Dean wrote:
>  On 07/06/2010 12:19 AM, Nick Rout wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 3:28 PM, Clay wrote:
>>> I'm putting together a new master backend to put in place of my existing
>>> backend, and upgrading from 0.21 to 0.23.
>>> I've installed from JYA's repos and now it's time to restore the
>>> database...
>>> and I can't find mythconverg_restore.pl.
>>> What directory is it in these days?
>> /usr/share/mythtv/mythconverg_restore.pl
>>
>> or if for some reason it is not there the wiki page has a direct link
>> to the current version in svn:
>>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore
>
> You're better off with the trunk version linked from the wiki page,
> anyway--even for those users on 0.23-fixes whose distros provide
> mythconverg_restore.pl, it makes sense to download
> mythconverg_restore.pl to your home directory and use it.  There are
> changes in the trunk version which make restoring a database much easier
> and less likely to break your distro's MySQL permissions configuration.
>
> Therefore, I highly recommend that anyone who's using
> mythconverg_restore.pl download the current one as described
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore .
>
> Specifically,
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Replacing_an_existing_database.
>

> Mike

I did end up grabbing the current one from the wiki.
The --drop-database --create-database (or whatever they were) switches
didn't work for me so I used the mc.sql to create the empty DB.

It was cool watching myth go through a half dozen versions as it updated
the DB. Cool that it actually worked from 0.21 to 0.23.
I did check the DB on 0.21 before I backed it up yet 0.23 said it was
still corrupted. I was able to repair the archive using instructions
from the wiki.

btw, thank you to all that contribute to those wiki pages. Following
them, I was able to get the DB migrated and updated.